Monday, June 2, 2014

The Big Picture

We've finally gotten some rain. The grass has greened up and my attitude is a lot better except for one thing, mosquitoes! I've always wondered why God made mosquitoes? They are probably the most annoying creature on this earth. This evening I was sitting out on the back porch enjoying the evening and all of the sudden I heard that sound, the buzzing of a mosquito. The sound started off soft but before long it was right at my ear and I tried to kill him and after awhile I succeeded and everything got peaceful again until there it was again another mosquito. I tried staying out a little longer but the enjoyment wasn't there any more so I went back inside. After going in I asked God again, why did you have to make something as annoying as a mosquito? And I could feel God answer me, "I DON'T MAKE JUNK". So if God doesn't make junk then what are some good attributes of the mosquito? They are a food source for frogs and a bunch of other critters but they carry disease, and they keep me from enjoying my back porch. I found myself becoming negative again and it reminded me of the story of Jonah in the Bible. After Jonah had delivered the message of salvation to the Ninevites and they repented he had sat down and God provided shade for him but a worm came and killed the tree that provided that shade and it annoyed Jonah. He became bitter because of that worm and God reminded him that he had lost the big picture and needed to see what really mattered.

How many time do we get annoyed by the little things and miss the "Big Picture"? How many times do we miss the love of a child because we are trying to pay bills? How many times do we miss an opportunity to help someone because they smell? How many times do we miss a beautiful evening because of a few mosquitoes?

I still don't understand why God made the mosquito but I do know that he sent a few to me tonight to remind me of what is important. To remind me that no matter how annoying the little things are I've got to keep focusing on "The Big Picture" and not get side tracked over what's not important!

Vaya Con Dios

The Eclectic Cowboy

No comments:

Post a Comment