Saturday, May 24, 2014

A New Beginning, Again

I write as a start to something new kind of. Over the last couple of months God has put on my heart to start writing again. Back several years ago I wrote several prose on Christian Spirituality from a Cowboys point of view. This will be similar but it won’t be just from the back of a horse gathering cattle. It is probably going  to include may different subject matters from ranching to current events, music and movies. I believe that everything that I write about will reflect Christ in some way.

Now to explain the name Eclectic Cowboy. My Granddad Jack was a character. He farmed, ranched, drove a truck, owned a motel but loved to hunt and especially fish more than anything else. There is one thing that I can remember him saying that sticks in my memory “I am a Jack of all trades and a master of none”. As I look at my life that is the way I am too. I have a Master’s Degree in Ruminant Nutrition, I have been a Wheat Pasture Cowboy, a Ranch Hand, a Livestock Consultant, a Ranch Manager, a Preacher, a Heavy Equipment Operator, a Computer Consultant, a firearms instructor, gunsmith and I even sold and installed Cell Phones at one time. In other words I have fulfilled my Granddad’s definition. Now that title is way too long so I decided that I needed a shorter one. My wife used to watch HGTV and when I was bored and couldn’t get the remote away from her to watch a John Wayne movie I would watch with her. In watching HGTV over the years one word keeps coming up, eclectic. This word has intrigued me and I felt that I knew what it meant but to make sure I looked up the definition on Internet at Wiktionary.org and their definition is “Unrelated and unspecialized. Crossing a range or mixture of specialties”. Thus the birth of The Eclectic Cowboy.

 I don’t plan on writing these musings on regular basis especially not on a daily basis so you might get several in one week and then go a month or more before getting another one. But I hope that you enjoy them and are able to garner some truth out of them.

Vaya Con Dios
The Eclectic Cowboy

No comments:

Post a Comment